The Thought Industries and Zoom integration provides admin and learners with a seamless virtual learning experience.
Use Case Information
Admins have the ability to create and monitor Zoom webinars and meetings from within the Thought Industries platform. Learners can join without road blocks directly in your site's content. This integration allows admin to focus on delivering engaging content that encourages learner retention and satisfaction.
When configured you can control the following:
- Set up webinars and meetings within content directly in Thought Industries.
- Sync data seamlessly between Thought Industries and Zoom allowing admin to view and analyze relevant data such as registrants and attendance in Thought Industries reporting.
- Learners have the ability to register for and launch events directly from Thought Industries.
In order for data to sync properly between Zoom and Thought Industries, Zoom accounts must be Admin level in order to connect with Thought Industries.
Connect your Zoom Account
Before connecting a Zoom Account in Thought Industries, please log out of Zoom, then follow the steps below.
- From your homepage, navigate to Settings and then Integrations.
- Select Webinars.
- Add account information.
- Log in to the Zoom account you wish to connect.
- Click Authorize to allow Thought Industries access to the Zoom account.
When trying to create a webinar in Thought Industries, you may come across the error "Zoom Error: Could not refresh token, please refresh and try again.". This means the Zoom user license you are assigning to the webinar needs to be refreshed. Go to Settings > Integrations > Webinars, and click Reconnect next to the user license that needs to be refreshed.
Adding a Meeting
Once a Zoom account is connected, navigate to Content and follow the steps below to add a non-recurring Zoom Webinar or Meeting:
- Click Add Content.
- Select vILT or Webinar content type template.
- Enter a name for the webinar.
- Select Zoom from the Webinar Provider drop down menu.
- Select the Webinar Provider Connection account from the Webinar Connection drop down menu.
- Select a co-organizer. (Optional - functionality only available for Zoom Webinar)
- Select either Zoom Webinar or Zoom Meeting from the Webinar Type drop down menu.
- Enter a Start Date/Time and an End Date/Time in the Webinar Date & Time fields.
- Click Save.
If Pre/Post learning is enabled, the Thought Industries Meeting page is needed in your course outline for learners to access your webinar.
Optional Zoom Settings
- Enable auto-recording: When enabled, the Meeting or Webinar will automatically be recorded when started. The Zoom account associated with the content must be a Zoom pro or higher.
- Disable Zoom notifications: When enabled, learners/registrants will not receive notifications from Zoom. We encourage the use of Learner Notifications if Zoom notifications are disabled.
- Retrieve recording following the event: When enabled, TI will retrieve the recording of the webinar or meeting immediately following the event. Please note, the length of the recording can delay the retrieval.
- The default setting to retrieve recordings is to require a password. This setting can be disabled in Zoom.
- The Email Learners tab is used to email the retrieved recordings to learners. The list of recordings is only available if the setting is enabled.
Each setting can be modified up until the start of the webinar or meeting. The settings are available on the creation page, in the Event Info Tab, and on the session creation page. The settings are not available when importing individually or in bulk.
After the webinar is complete, Zoom reports back to Thought Industries the number of attendees. If a learner is reported by Zoom as attended, Thought Industries marks the learner’s status for the webinar as complete. If the webinar has multiple meetings, and all meetings are required for completion, the learner will be marked as completed once Zoom reports that the learner has attended all meetings.
- Total Attendees includes host, learners, and any panelists.
- The job to change attended learners’ statuses to completed runs every hour.
- In order for Zoom’s reporting to respond back to Thought Industries, the Zoom account connected to the content in Thought Industries needs to have permission to read reports in Zoom. We strongly recommend connecting admin level Zoom accounts only.