December 13th, 2023
New Manager Interface Experience!
Preview toggle available now
We've reimagined Thought Industries manager site navigation to be simpler and better organized for a more efficient browsing experience. In the new interface, you will be able to interact with the most important aspects of your business more easily, spend less time training on where things live, and even choose from different color modes.
- Improved Settings Landing Pages: Get a quick overview of the settings function before diving in to make changes.
- Streamlined Settings Areas: Relevant settings have been reorganized to be closer to the working areas they apply to.
- Custom Modes: Custom colors allow users to customize their experience based on preferences and needs, including a highly accessible dark grey option.
- Data Dashboard on the Homepage: Now displaying the top 5 reports for a learning instance on the homepage.
- New Panorama Navigation: Panorama navigation will also reflect these updates based on what options are available to panoramas and client roles.
With this release, Site Admin are able to opt in to the new navigation experience at the instance level, meaning enabling the feature will display the update to all manager users, including client roles.
Need Help Refresh
The Need Help sidebar has gotten a face lift! Check out the new experience by clicking Need Help (or simply Help in the new manager experience) from the navigation menu.
Easily get to our educational resources including:
- Help Center: Find a quick answer and search for resources across support articles, courses, and office hour videos. If you can't find what you're looking for, reach out to our support team.
- Academy: Take on-demand courses, join a live training, or catch up on office hours.
- Community: Chat and connect with other Thought Industries customers! Ask questions, share ideas, and solve problems.
Product Suggestions: Inside of Community, you can share your great ideas for the Thought Industries platform. Search for ideas that have already been submitted and participate by upvoting your favorites!
Just a heads up! Registration for Community is currently a prerequisite before submitting questions and ideas. Please register for Community and we will make sure to get you in! After registering, look out for an email to verify your email address.
- Developer Documentation: Need to tackle something more technical? Check out API Docs, Helium Docs, or Mobile SDK from this page.
- Status Page: Check on the status of the Thought Industries platform.
We released the following quality improvements:
Accurate enrollment count in List Content REST endpoint
Calculate enrollment count for all courses and display in content reporting (Enrollment tab Seats Used tile) and in enrollmentCount element from List Content REST API response. (Previously, we only calculated enrollment count for courses with a seat limit.) This change will apply as follows:
- Any new courses created after this release will always return an accurate enrollment count
- For any courses that were created before this ticket was released:
- If the course has a seat limit, it will always have an accurate Enrollment Count.
- If the course does not have a seat limit, the Enrollment Count will be zero until/unless enrollment changes. In other words, it’s possible to trigger the calculation for existing by making a change to enrollment.
Content Authoring: ILT Meetings Cannot be Created Outside Access Dates
We will now be enforcing date validation when creating ILT meetings to ensure that meeting dates fall within logical ranges. For standalone ILTs, meeting dates must fall on or after the session’s enrollment start date. For ILTs with pre-post learning, meeting dates must fall between the session’s access start and end dates.
We released fixes for the following:
- When unreleased sessions, the system would incorrectly display a message that it would take a few minutes to "release" the selected sessions.
- Sorting by meeting dates does not work correctly when a new session is added.
- If you are already on the second page of catalog results when you apply a custom content filter that reduces the available results to less than a single page, the catalog shows an error.
- Join waiting list option does not display in certain situations.
- Panorama admin roles cannot delete content after archiving even though they have the "create/edit/delete" permission and the delete button does display.
- Adjusted filters for panorama-level SCORM content reporting to align with overall panorama reporting structures. When viewing panorama-level SCORM reports, main site admins are able to view reporting for users who have been removed from the panorama, but panorama admins are not.
- Corrected data filters for SCORM Overview reporting in panoramas.
December 6th, 2023
We released fixes for the following:
- Error presented when switching from panorama reporting hub to main site reporting hub reports.
- Issues with attaching CAM resources to Article content type with more than 1 variant/page.
- Copy option is missing from the content actions menu for ILT content types.
- Instructors are not able to take surveys on behalf of learners if the toggle to "Display Assessment Results Page" is on.
- An admin can delete the title of a content item when editing and save the content without a title.
- Fixed the display of the "startdate" and "enddate" on the course records in Reporting Hub.
- Added manager granted actions to the learner notification exclusions for learning paths.
- Image of certificates imported via the External Course Activity REST endpoint aren’t visible to admins in the Activity tab of the learner profile.