Each course can support one or more certificates that can be granted once a learner meets your criteria. You can set a range of completion criteria that will determine whether or not your learner is eligible to be awarded any certificates that you add.
Admins are able to create multiple certificates: a default certificate plus any number of certificates relating to custom fields. If a learner does not meet a custom field value, he/she will receive the default certificate.
Below you will find instructions for attaching multiple certificates in your course. To learn more about establishing the completion criteria for earning a certificate, see our Setting Up Completion Criteria article.
Where do I find this?
Content > Actions > Settings > Completion & Certifications
How do I do this?
To add a default certificate:
To add a default certificate, or if you're only interested in attaching a single certificate, please see our Attaching a Certificate in a Course article.
To create additional certificates using custom fields:
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the course you want to alter and click Settings.
- From the left menu, select Completion & Certifications.
- If you've already created a default certificate, create a new certificate.
If the learner does not meet the Custom Field value created for other certificates, the learner will receive the default certificate where the Grant for field is set to 'Everyone'.
- The Grant for field will be automatically updated to 'Learners with a custom field'.
- Choose a Custom Field from the dropdown.
- Enter a Custom Field value.
Two certificates cannot have the same Custom Field and Custom Field Value combination.
The Custom Field Value must match the value the learner submits.
If the value indicated on the certificate is "Doctor" and the learner types "Dr", the learner will not receive the certificate.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Only one default certificate can be created.
What does this look like?