If you are interested in offering a discount for your learners, you can create coupons for them to apply to their purchases.
Use Case Information
There are three types of coupons you can create in your platform:
- Global Coupons- if you are interested in offering discounts at the global level, where coupons can be applied to anything in your learner's cart, please refer to this article for additional information.
- Subscription Coupons- Discounts that can be applied only off of your subscriptions. Please refer to this article if offering subscription coupons.
- Content Level Coupons- you can create one or more coupons to provide learners with a discount off of a particular course, webinar, in-person event, microcourse, or standalone SCORM. You can set up the desired coupon, along with any limits that should apply, and distribute to learners for use at checkout.
Thought Industries is not responsible for the distribution of your coupon codes.
How to Create a Content Specific Coupon
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for the course you want to alter and select the Enrollment step.
- Select Ecommerce from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Coupons container and click Add Coupon.
- Fill in the appropriate coupon information:
- Coupon Code: Enter the specific code you will distribute to learners.
- Max Redemptions: Determine the # of redemptions you'd like to allow. If left blank, the default is unlimited redemptions.
- Percent Off ORAmount Off: Enter either the desired percentage or $ amount discount. If entering Percent Off, use a positive integer between 1 and 99.
- Applies To: Choose All Learners, Returning Learners Only, or New Learners Only.
- Access Days: Determine the number of days that a learner who redeems this coupon should have access to the course (if different then access days in your course settings).
- Redeem By: Enter a date that the coupon must be redeemed by. If left blank, there will be no expiration date.
Activate: Toggle "Activate?" to "Yes" in order to activate your coupon before learners can apply it during checkout.
Learner View (Detail Page)
Learner View (Checkout)
Adding Coupon Codes to URLs
Add a specific coupon code directly to a detail page URL to send learners directly to the checkout flow with the coupon applied.
To append your coupon code to individual courses, use this URL structure:
When you first create a content item, the name of the item becomes the end of the slug or URL. This name also applies to the content item's detail page URL.