Enabling free registration allows users to access your courses for free, but requires them to register in the system. This allows you to track them and pull reports, similarly to how you would track paying users.
Enabling Free Access with Registration:
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for the course you want to alter and select the Enrollment step.
- Select the Access tab in the left sidebar.
- Enable Free Access with Registration?.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Learners can register for free content via the detail page.
- You can also link to the registration page directly from your homepage.
- Once a user registers, they will be dropped directly into their dashboard and the course they registered for will appear in My Courses.
- If you have multiple courses set up for free registration, users will have access to all of them by registering just one time.
You should always use the free with registration option instead of offering a course for $0.
What does this look like?