You can permanently delete content (courses, articles, videos, etc.) from your learning site. As an intermediary step, you will be given the opportunity to archive your content first, after which you can either delete the content permanently or restore it.
Deleting content is a permanent action so please delete with caution.
Where do I find this?
Content > Actions > Settings > Manage
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the course you want to alter and select Settings.
- Select Manage from the left menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Archive This Content button.
- You will be prompted to confirm the archive. If you are sure, click Yes, and the content will be archived.
- Next, you will be brought back to your content list where you will see a View Archive button at the bottom of the page.
- From here, click Actions > Delete Forever to permanently delete the content. Once again, you will prompted to confirm the deletion.
What else do I need to know?
- To restore archived content, simply click the View Archive button and go to Actions > Unarchive.
- Once your content is Deleted Forever, you will no longer be able to retrieve it.
What does this look like?
From the Manage tab, you will find the Archive This Content button at the very bottom of the page.
Once you've confirmed that you want to archive your content, you will automatically be brought back to your content list. From here, click View Archive at the bottom of the page in order to view your list of archived content. Use the Actions drop-down to Unarchive, or to Delete Forever.
View & Exit Archive: