The PDF viewer page allows you to share and display a PDF file directly on a course page. PDF files will appear within a frame on the page and have optional security settings to disable file download, print, and search within the PDF.
Where do I find this?
Content > Manage Content > Click on Content Title > Add Page > PDF Viewer
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for to the course you want to alter.
- Within the course outline, go to the lesson where you'd like to add a PDF viewer page. Click Add Page.
- Choose the PDF viewer page type.
- Add a page title.
- Click Save.
- You can now upload a PDF file. Note that the maximum file size is 25mb.
- You can choose to provide the learner with additional information. Click Add Text Block to provide additional text above or below the PDF viewer.
- There are optional security settings. If you would like to enable them, toggle each setting to "Yes".
- Disabling File Download: The download icon will disappear and learners will not be able to download the PDF.
- Disabling Print: The print icon will disappear and learners will not be able to print the PDF.
- Disabling Search: The search icon will disappear and learners will not be able to search or select text on the PDF.
- You also have these options under Advanced Settings:
- Unlocking for editing by children?
- # of seconds required for completion
- Audio Narration File
- Click Save.
Searching within a course (if enabled) cannot crawl PDF documents uploaded to a PDF Viewer page.
What does this look like?