Text pages are predominantly used for displaying text copy, but they can also include images, tables, links, and other items. This page type works best for introductory or other brief pages that relay content to learners.
Where do I find this?
Content > Actions > Edit > Add Page > Text
How do I do this?
To create a text page:
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the course you want to alter and select Edit.
- Within the course outline, go to the lesson where you'd like to add a text page. Click Add Page.
- Choose the text page type.
- Add a page title.
- You can then cut and paste, type, or edit existing copy in the WYSIWYG editor. There are a number of formatting options inside the text editor, and you may also add custom HTML by selecting the HTML formatting link.
- You also have these options under Advanced Settings:
- Unlocking for editing by children?
- # of seconds required for completion
- Audio Narration File
- Click Save.
On the right, you will see options to add different types of content to the sidebar of the text page.
- Quote: Click Add Quote and enter text that will be highlighted in a larger font in the sidebar.
- Image: Click Add Image and drag or click to upload a sidebar image. You can also caption the image and add image alt text.
- Video: Click Add Video and drag or click to upload a video to the sidebar. You can also use a Wistia Media ID to add your video.
- Advertisement: Click Add Ad and enter DFP ad units, dimensions and targeting to pull your DFP ads into the sidebar.
- HTML Embed: Click HTML Embed and enter code to customize a new component.
- If you'd like to hide the sidebar, toggle that option to "Yes".
What else do I need to know?
- Once you add more than one item to the sidebar, you can adjust the order of these with the up and down arrows.
What does this look like?
Learner View (without sidebar):