On the Thought Industries platform, learners must accept terms & conditions before they can complete a purchase. Thought Industries includes standard terms & conditions by default. It is strongly recommended that you add your own legal language, as well.
Terms can be set globally, or at the individual content level.
Where do I find this?
For global terms:
Settings > Setup > Primary
For individual content items:
Content > Actions > Settings > eCommerce
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Setup and then Primary.
- Within the Policies section, locate the Terms of Service field and enter the terms that must be accepted as part of any purchase.
- Click Save.
Any purchase terms added globally will apply to the entire learning site.
Individual Content Items:
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the course you want to alter, and select Settings.
- From the left menu, select eCommerce.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
- Locate the Purchase terms field and enter the terms that must be accepted as part of the purchase.
- Click Save.
Any purchase terms added here will apply only to the individual piece of content, and they will replace any terms set globally.
If you'd like to link to an external URL for global purchase terms, enter that URL in the External Terms URL field. Once you do this, the Terms of Service field will disappear from the management interface screen.
What does this look like?
Admin View (Global Terms):
Admin View (Individual Content Type):