Each site has a public catalog that you can choose to include as part of your learner flow. There's also a Catalog widget that displays on the learner dashboard, by default.
Thought Industries offers many settings and options that will help you configure your catalog display so that you can control how learners view and interact with the content catalog. Catalog settings include: display type, sort order, filters, and ribbons.
Where do I find this?
Settings > Content > Organization & Display
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Content and then Organization & Display.
- Go to the Catalog section and begin populating the relevant fields.
- Default Display Type and Options: choose one of the 3 options for displaying your content (grid, list, or calendar). You can also give learners the ability to choose their preferred display type in the Enabled Display Options field (optional).
- Default Sort Order and Options: choose one of 5 options for sorting your content (last updated, most recent, title, publish date, or start date). You can also give learners the ability to choose their preferred sort order in the Enabled Sort Options field (optional).
- Enable Filter by Content Type?: Toggle to "Yes" to enable filtering by content type. If enabled, the search bar will automatically include a "filter by" option where learners can select a content type and only view applicable results.
- Display Content Start Date?: Toggle to "Yes" if you have more than one session, and would like to display start dates on the course detail page.
- Only display accessible content?: Toggle to "Yes" to hide content in the catalog that the learner does not have access to.
- Display Content Authors: Toggle to "Yes" if you want to display the author on the catalog. Note that this will not display unless an author has already been added to the specific content at Content > Actions > Settings > Advanced.
- Remove past events from the calendar: Toggle to "Yes" to remove a session from the calendar view once the last meeting has ended.
- Display Subscription: If you would like to highlight a specific subscription on the catalog page, a Learn More ribbon will display on each purchasable content item tile.
- Default Content: click Show Advanced within the Catalog section to view your options.
- By default, all content will display in the catalog. Use this field if you have a lot of content, or would like to highlight specific content. In these cases, you can either select individual pieces of content, or use catalog query language (e.g. tags), to determine select content that should appear. Learners will still see other released content items if they search for something specific or use a filter.
-By default we will use custom fields (see our Applying Custom Content Fields in the Catalog article) that allow the students to browse and filter content on the catalog. If you would like to limit the content to only a subset, you can click Curate Categories. This will stop displaying any custom fields you’ve created and will instead display your categories. See our Applying Curated Categories in the Catalog article for more information.
- Within the Ribbons section:
- Click New Ribbon to create a customized ribbon to appear on your content (e.g Featured or Coming Soon). Enter a label and choose your ribbon color. Click Save.
- Once you've create at least one new ribbon, you will see an option to Boost Ribbon. From the drop-down, you can select a ribbon to boost to the top of the catalog.
- See our Labeling Content by Creating and Boosting Ribbons article for more information.
- Click Advanced for additional settings.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Control additional catalog settings in each piece of content (e.g., add a ribbon or custom field) by going to a content’s settings.
What does this look like?
Learner View (Catalog Display Grid View):
Learner View (Catalog Display List View):
Learner View (Catalog Display Calendar View):
Learner View (Boost Ribbon & Content Author):
Learner View (Display Subscription):