- Add DFP ID
- Set up Ads
If you use Google Ad Manager, you can easily integrate ads into specific areas of your learning site including the homepage, course detail pages, and within the learner display of the course.
DoubleClick for Publisher (DFP) ads are a part of Google Ad Manager. Google Ad Manager is an ad exchange platform introduced by Google in 2018. It combines the features of two former services from Google's DoubleClick subsidiary, DoubleClick for Publishers and DoubleClick Ad Exchange.
Adding Your DFP ID to Thought Industries
Before you set up any ads to display to learners, add your Ad Manager ID/DFP ID to Thought Industries.
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Integrations and then Third-Party Services.
- Locate the Doubleclick for Publishers section and enter your DFP ID.
- Click Save.
Setting Up Ads
Use the Banner Ad widget on any layout page (home page, course detail page, etc.) where you want your ad to appear.
- Go to Design > Layouts or Pages.
- Open the page builder by clicking Actions > Edit for Layouts or Actions > Design for Pages.
- Scroll through the list of available widgets and click on the Banner Ad widget.
- Enter the Ad Unit ID of the ad you want to appear.
- Enter the appropriate dimensions and (optionally) any targeting parameters.
- Click Save.
It can take a few minutes for ads to flow through.
Within a course, you can insert an Ad in the right sidebar of a text page. To do this, go to Content > Manage Content > Click the Content Title > Content Step > Open a Text Page > Expand Sidebar Options > Click the option for Ad.