Thought Industries supports many third party integrations out of the box including Google Analytics, Segment, and Zapier. For custom integrations, you can use SFTP, webhooks, or email.
In this article, you will find instructions for integrating with Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a popular web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic. You are free to connect your Google Analytics account to your online learning site for additional web analytics and tracking.
Where do I find this?
To add your Google Analytics key in Thought Industries:
Settings > Integrations > Third-Party Services
How do I do this?
- To setup Google Analytics, follow these instructions to find your Tracking ID. The key should start with UA.
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Integrations and then Third-Party Services.
- Locate the Google Analytics Key field and enter your Tracking ID.
- Click Save.
You should not enter your own Google Analytics scripts in the Tracking Scripts management interface– the platform takes care of that automatically.
If you're peeking under the hood and see another Google Analytics ID (UA-48457520-3) that is Thought Industries' internal tracking. It wiill not interfere with your own tracking.
What else do I need to know?
- Once this key is entered, we will automatically send all page views to Google Analytics. We will also send ecommerce information to Google Analytics via their eCommerce Tracking functionality, if applicable.
- For more information on integrating with Segment or Zapier, see our Integrating with Segment and Integrating with Zapier articles.