Thought Industries supports many third party integrations out of the box including Segment, Google Analytics, and Zapier. For custom integrations, you can use SFTP, webhooks, or email.
In this article, you will find instructions for integrating with Segment. Segment allows you to collect learner data with one API and send it to hundreds of tools for analytics, marketing, and data warehousing. It can be used to connect Thought Industries to hundreds of other applications.
Where do I find this?
To add the Segment Write Key to Thought Industries:
Settings > Integrations > Third-Party Services
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Integrations and then Third-Party Services.
- Locate the Segment Write Key field and enter your key.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Once set up, you can enable any integrations on the source in Segment. The setup for each integration differs, so we are unable to provide specific help for a particular integration.
- We automatically send all tracking script events to Segment, as well as all of our real-time notifications.
- We also automatically send an "identify" call for every learner.
- Segment automatically builds a schema of all events which you can access in the source you created. Simply perform the events in Thought Industries and they will automatically appear in the schema after a short period of time. From there you will be able to view the properties on each event.
- For more information on integrating with Google Analytics or Zapier, see our Integrating with Google Analytics and Integrating with Zapier articles.