In this article, you will find instructions for integrating with Twilio Segment. Segment allows you to collect customer data with one API. Segment can be used to connect Thought Industries to hundreds of other applications. A list of applications can be found by exploring all Apps here.
Use Case Information
In its very simplest form, Segment generates messages about what’s happening in your Thought Industries platform, translates the content of those messages into different formats for use by other tools via Segment connections, and transmits messages to those tools. The Segment servers also archive a copy of the data and can send data to your storage systems.
When configured you can control the following:
- Simplified process of collecting data
- Collect, transform, send, and archive your learner data with one API
- Send data to hundreds of tools for analytics, marketing, and data warehousing
- Enrich the customer data you collect by connecting data from your other tools
- Aggregate data to monitor performance, inform decision-making processes, and create uniquely customized user experiences
Enabling a Source in Segment
To set up Segment, you will first add a source.
- Fill in the remaining fields with what you will find most helpful. Some of these fields will be optional.
- Click Create Source.
- Then click the source you just created.
- Segment will show you the Write Key for the source. You will need this key for the next section.
Once set up, you can enable any integrations on the source in Segment. The setup for each integration differs, so we are unable to provide specific help for a particular integration. Check out Segment's Help Center for further guidance.
Setting up Segment in Thought Industries
Now that you have the Write Key, you must login to the Thought Industries Platform.
- From your homepage, select Settings
- From the left menu, select Integrations > Third-Party Services.
- Locate the Segment Write Key field and enter your Write Key.
- Click Save.
Segment automatically builds a schema of all events which you can access in the source you created. Simply perform the events in Thought Industries and they will automatically appear in the schema after a short period of time. From there you will be able to view the properties on each event.
We automatically send all tracking script events to Segment, as well as all of our real-time notifications. We also automatically send an
identify call for every learner.
If you want to remove the integration, be sure to disable the Segment feature flag. Some events may still fire if you just remove the key without disabling the flag. To disable the Segment feature flag, please reach out to your CSM or a member of support.