In this article, you will find instructions for integrating Thought Industries with Zapier. Zapier provides workflows to automate the use of web applications together so you can integrate Thought Industries into your tech stack.
Use Case Information
Zapier moves information between web apps automatically and can be used to connect Thought Industries to hundreds of other applications. A list of applications can be found by exploring all Apps here.
When configured you can control the following:
- Create webhooks or "Zaps" from actions your learners take
- Integrate workflows with over 5,000 business application connections
- Export data for reporting purposes
- Increase worker productivity by saving time through automation of recurring tasks
Connecting to Zapier
To set up Zapier, you first have to accept this invite. This will allow you to add the Thought Industries Zapier App to you Zapier account.
The Thought Industries Zapier App is private and can not be found by searching in the Zapier App library. For this reason, you must accept the invite from the link above.
Example Zap Creation
- Login to your Zapier account and your Zapier dashboard, then select the Create Zap button.
- You will be prompted to start a Trigger. A trigger is an event that will start your Zap. To start your flow, first search and find the Thought Industries App.
- You will then select the event trigger you want to start with from a dropdown list (e.g. new email captured). Select Continue.
- Select your account from the drop down list and then select Continue.
If you have not set up an account before, select Connect to New Account and enter your Thought Industries host as prompted. For example
customdomain.thoughtindustries.com. Do not include
Enter your API key. To get this key from Thought Industries, navigate to Settings > Security > API Key. Select Continue.
Click Test Account to confirm it is working. Select Save + Continue.
- You will now be prompted to do a test trigger. To do so, you will need to configure a trigger inside Thought Industries with the provided Zap’s webhook URL.
- Login to your Thought Industries platform as an admin and go to Settings > Integrations > Notifications.
- Click New Notification and select the same event you are setting up in Zapier (e.g. email is entered by learner).
- Select the webhook icon option and paste the webhook URL that was provided in Zapier.
- Select Test Event to confirm it is working.
- Log back into Zapier. Zapier will prompt you to go and complete the event to trigger the webhook. Once data is received from the test, you must search item data that you wish to pass to your action App.
Note that you cannot be logged in as an Admin when you trigger events from Thought Industries. You must log out, test as a learner account, or test in a private browse mode.
- After the trigger is set up, you will be prompted to start an Action. An action is an event a Zap performs after it starts. To start your flow, first search and find the action App. An example action App could be Hubspot or Googles Docs.
- You will then select the event you want to start with from a dropdown list (e.g. append Text to Document). Select Continue.
- Follow the on screen instructions in Zapier. They will be different depending on the action App selected. Once complete, select Continue.
- Click Test Action in Zapier to confirm it is working.
- Click Publish Zap in Zapier. Publishing will save your setup, turn on your Zap, and start to automate your work.