Your learning site is automatically configured in English but can be easily translated to any one of our six supported languages: Chinese, Portuguese, German, French, Spanish and Japanese. Once a language is selected and saved, all boilerplate language will automatically display in your chosen language. If you want to customize further, note that you will have the ability to overwrite any term or phrase, in any language.
Where do I find this?
To select a default language:
Settings > Setup > Languages
To update translations:
Translations > choose the language tab you wish to edit
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Setup and then Languages.
- Use the Default Language drop down menu to select from one of the seven language options and click Save.
Your entire learning site will be translated into that language automatically. It may take some time for the changes to take full effect.
- If desired, you can navigate to Translations to customize any boilerplate text in your selected language.
What else do I need to know?
- We are proud to partner with a team of translation experts (not robots) to ensure the accuracy of all languages.
- Thought Industries will continue to support translations in these languages with all new feature releases.
By default, only one language per site is available.
Multilingual instance capabilities are a premium feature and behind a feature flag.
Reach out to Thought Industries Tech Success & Support for assistance to enable this feature in your instance.