Social share icons appear on the course detail page and on transition pages upon completing a section of a course. These icons link to social media sites where learners are prompted to log in and share content details and information.
Each social sharing site works differently in terms of what is pulled into the post, but typically, it includes the name of your learning site, a short description, and a link to the content detail page. Additionally, learners can enter an additional message.
Follow the steps below to customize the social share text.
Where do I find this?
How do I do this?
Social icon and links are automatically included for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.
Twitter and Pinterest
- From your homepage, select Translations.
- Locate and replace the default text for the following fields:
- Click Save.
- Google+ cannot be customized at all. The share link is very basic and doesn't allow inclusion of images and predetermined text.
- Facebook will display the name of the learning site and meta description, or your public site homepage. Facebook needs the App ID in oder to consume customization and share an image.
- How do I add a Facebook App ID?
- You can get it here.
- You'll need to create a Facebook App in order to get an App ID. Choose Add Platform in the app settings. This will allow you to set the domain URL, such as https://mycustomdomain.com. After entering the App Id in the company settings, this will allow the Facebook share button to display an image and specific copy. Don’t forget the activation or “Make Public” setting.
- See the complete list of Facebook instructions for registering and configuring an app here.