If you would like to offer multiple pieces of content under a single price tag, you can create a collection for your learners.
Use Case Information
Collections (otherwise referred to as bundles) are a great way to package content be sold together for one package price. Collections are not the same as learning paths, the content will be individualised and not restricted to a pathway, unless prerequisites are in place. You can however place learning paths into Collections to be bundled with other content.
When configured you can control the following:
- Bundle Courses, Micro-Courses, Webinars, ILT's Articles and Videos together
- Add Learning Paths into collections
- Bundle Products together with the content.
How to Set Up a Collection
- From your homepage, select Ecommerce.
- Click Ecommerce Items, and then Add Ecommerce Item.
- Select the Collection template.
- Add a title for your collection.
- This title will be displayed to the public.
- Next, you will be asked to add the settings and display information for your collection, including:
- Collection Name: The learner-facing title
- Short Description: The description for used in the catalog, as well as the description that displays above the detail page image.
- Long Description: The description that displays below the detail page image.
- Price: The actual retail price that appears on the catalog thumbnail as well as on the detail page.
- Suggested Retail Price: This price is displayed with a strikethrough and appears on both the catalog thumbnail and detail page.
- Taxable: The Avalara tax settings are configured at Settings > Integration > Avalara and can be applied to make the collection taxable.
- Enable Bulk Purchasing: Set up packages to allow your learners to purchase this collection in bulk.
Instructor Messaging Included: This allows your learners to message the instructor and applies to any courses in this collection.
Instructor messaging must be enabled in Utilities within Step 1 when creating a course before including this feature in your collection. It is there where you include the instructor's email to be included in Instructor Messaging.
- SKU: Use for reporting purposes.
- Tags: Use a tag to help you stay organized, as well filter and find this collection easily in your eCommerce interface.
- Custom Fields: adding any value for your Custom Fields that were previously created in Settings > Content > Organize and Display. This value will help your learners filter and find this collection.
- Meta Title: Use for Search Engine Optimization purposes.
- Meta Description: Use for Search Engine Optimization purposes.
- Confirmation: This confirmation message displays after your learner completes a purchase.
- Image: Use for both catalog thumbnail and detail page image.
- Ribbon: Apply the appropriate Ribbon from the selection you have created in your Settings > Content > Organization and Display.
- Select Content: Select the content to include in the collection.
Learning Paths: Select the learning paths to include in the collection.
Carefully consider the content items you include in a collection. If you include a course as well as a learning path that contains that course, it’s possible that the learner could add both and purchase the course twice.
Select Products: Select any Product(s) to include in the collection.
You can bundle products with courses under the same course collection. Select products to include as part of the collection, if appropriate. Note that products must first be set up on your site (see our Setting up a Product article).
- Physically Shipped: Toggle to Yes if the products included in this collection need to be physically shipped to your learners. See our Setting up Shipping Rates article for more details.
Available for Purchase: Toggle to Yes to expose the price in your catalog and allow learners to purchase the item.
Do not enable the Available for Purchase option until you are ready to make the bundle live to your learners.
- Show in Catalog: Toggle to "Yes" to release the collection so it is exposed in your catalog.
- Collection Type: The template you used to create the collection will be exposed to your learners, however, this is fully customizable and could be edited to reflect your language.
- Click Save.
Admin View of Configuration
Notes, Tips and Considerations
When considering using a collection for your users, here are some additional facts to keep in mind:
- You can easily edit any particular collection by going to Ecommerce>Ecommerce Items>Actions>Edit. From here, you will be able to add or remove content, edit price, or change display information.
- Collections are simply a mechanism for selling multiple pieces of content together. Once purchased, a learner will see all individual content items on their dashboard.
- Unlike subscriptions, once a collection is purchased learners will have access to any content included in that collection at the time of purchase. In other words, updating the content in a collection will only impact new purchases.