This copy feature allows you to move an existing page from one lesson to another. This comes in handy if you accidentally create a page in the wrong place, or if you simply want to move a page to a different lesson.
Where do I find this?
Content > Manage Content > Click on Content Title > Content Tab > Add Page > Existing Page tab
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for the course you want to copy from, and you will land on the Content Tab.
- Within the course outline, go to the lesson where you'd like your new page to appear. Click Add Page.
- Instead of selecting a brand new page type, go to the Existing Page tab and search for the page you'd like to copy.
You can search for pages within the same course, or from another course within the same instance.
- Click Preview to view any page listed in the search results.
- Select the page title for the page you want to copy and click Use Selected Page at the bottom of the results.
- This will copy the page to the new location in your outline and you can edit from there.
If you're moving a page from one lesson to another, you'll need to delete the original page after copying.
What else do I need to know?
- In order to copy a page, the original page must have a page title. If the page you are attempting to copy does not appear in the search results, check the original page to confirm it has a page title.
- If you're interested in copying an entire course, see our Copying a Course article.
This search includes all current and deleted pages for your instance. If you accidentally delete a page within any course, you can search for the page title and "copy" it to restore it. We recommend always naming your pages for this reason!