Videos allow you to present a lot of information in a short period of time (in lieu of text-heavy pages). The video template creates a standalone, scrollable text page featuring a video at the top (with multiple settings & features available). Inserting videos within a course can help to engage your users. This is also a great way to add a human touch if you have a guiding figure/spokesperson.
Where do I find this?
Content > Manage Content > Click on Content Title > Add Page > Video
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for to the course you want to alter.
- Within the course outline, go to the lesson where you'd like to add a video page. Click Add Page.
- Choose the video page type.
- Add a page title.
- Click Save.
- Drag video or click in the box to upload your video. If you've already uploaded your video to Wistia, you can add the Wistia Media ID to upload the video. Click Save Video.
- The page will display the uploading progress. Make sure not to navigate away or refresh the browser while the video is uploading.
- You also have these options under Advanced Settings:
- Unlocking for editing by children?
- # of seconds required for completion
- Audio Narration File
- Click Save.
Once your video is uploaded you can add a number of additional features:
- Add a text block above or below the video to provide learners with additional information about the video.
- Decide if you want to show or hide the sidebar for this page. By default it will show the sidebar.
- Add a description to the video.
- Add captions to the video and specify the time in the video for the caption to appear.
- Add a pre/post-roll video. You can drag or click to upload pre-roll and post-roll videos. This will take a few minutes before being ready. Note that pre-roll videos have no controls. Users must watch the full video ad and can’t forward or rewind.
- Set a poster image. Find a screenshot in the video you would like to use as the launch screen that users will see when they arrive on the page. Pause the video on this screen and click the Use Current Time for Poster. Note that it may take up to 30 minutes to register the new screen. You can click away from this page as it processes.
It can take a few minutes for your video to display after upload. During this time the video is being compressed and prepared for delivery.
What does this look like?