The course end date controls whether content is accessible or not. If you want to make a piece of content inaccessible to all users, you must set an end date.
If the end date has passed, the course will no longer be accessible, regardless of whether it is released or unreleased. You can also indicate an optional Read-Only Grace Period End Date. Learners will get read-only access between the session end date and this date.
Where do I find this?
Content > Actions > Settings > Access
How do I do this?
- From your dashboard, select Content.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the course you want to alter and select Settings.
- Select Access from the left menu.
- Update the Course End Date to reflect the date you'd like to shut off access.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
You might be wondering how this is different from unreleasing a course. When you unrelease a course, it is removed from the course catalog. However, any learners who have access to the unreleased course will continue to have access. This includes learners who:
- Purchased prior to the course being released
- Used a redemption code to gain course access
- Purchased a course collection including the unreleased course
- Was given access by an admin
See our article on unreleasing a course for more information.
What does this look like?