Do you have content that needs to be inaccessible to all users? In this article, we will review how to control whether content is accessible or not to your learners.
Use Case Information
In the settings of your content, the "end date" feature controls whether content is accessible or not. If you want to make a piece of content inaccessible to all users, you must set an end date. If the end date has passed, the course will no longer be accessible, regardless of whether it is released or unreleased. You can also indicate an optional Read-Only Grace Period End Date. Learners will get read-only access between the session end date and this date.
Steps to Restrict Content Access
Please follow these steps to restrict access to content:
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for the course you want to alter and go to the Enrollment Step.
- Update the Course End Date to reflect the date you would like to shut off access.
- Click Save.
Unrelease vs Restricting Access
You might be wondering how this is different from unreleasing a course. When you unreleased content, it's removed from the catalog. However, any learners who have access to the unreleased course will continue to have access. This includes learners who:
- Purchased prior to the content being released.
- Used a redemption code to gain course access.
- Purchased a course collection including the unreleased course.
- Was given access by an Admin.