A course detail page is automatically generated for every piece of content and eCommerce item that is created on the Thought Industries platform. Detail pages are the public-facing pages that learners and potential learners may browse to learn more about your offerings. While these pages are automatically created, they can be further configured.
Where do I find this?
For content items:
Content > Actions > Settings > Catalog
For eCommerce items:
eCommerce > Actions > Edit
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the course you want to alter and select Settings.
- This will bring you directly into the Catalog tab. From here, populate the fields to configure your course detail page settings (e.g. title, description, and images).
- At the bottom of the Catalog tab page, you will have the option to add custom tabs using the provided templates. To do this, click Add New Tab and select a tab type.
- Free Text
- Lesson Syllabus (outline pulled directly from course)
- Instructors (name, biography, and headshot - specs 400x400px)
- Products (information pulled from eCommerce setup)
- Testimonials (pulled from published testimonials)
Learning Path Detail Pages do not have the option to add tabs because that space is utilized to display the milestones and courses within the Learning Path. By default, there is a "View Details" link next to each course description that leads to the Course Detail Pages (where tabs are available).
- At the top of the Catalog tab page, you will have the option to add a customized layout for your detail page (by default, the global layout will be used). To customize, click Add Custom Layout.
- This will bring you directly into the Design tab for your detail page. From here, you can add, remove, or customize a selection of widgets.
- Course Purchase widget
- Course Social Links widget
- Course Benefits widget
- Related Courses widget
- Video widget
- Title & Subtitle widget
- Column widgets
- Banner Ad widget
- Horizontal Rule widget
- Custom HTML widget
What else do I need to know?
- In addition to the above, you can configure any of your content settings (e.g., pricing, availability, testimonials) by going to Content > Actions > Settings.
- To customize the layout for eCommerce items, go to eCommerce > Actions > Edit and click Add Custom Layout at the top of the page.
- You can choose to set up a free preview lesson. The link for a free preview lesson will display above the price widget. See our Setting Up a Free Preview Lesson in a Course article.
- To view the detail page for a piece of content, go to Content > Actions > Detail Page.
What does this look like?
Within the Catalog tab, you will need to populate the fields to configure your course detail page settings (e.g. title, description, and images).
At the bottom of the Catalog tab page, you will have the option to add custom tabs using the provided templates. To do this, click Add New Tab and select a tab type.
At the top of the Catalog tab page, you will have the option to add a customized layout for your detail page. To customize, click Add Custom Layout and add/edit the available widgets as desired.