A course detail page is automatically generated for every piece of content and eCommerce item that is created on the Thought Industries platform. Detail pages are the public-facing pages that learners and potential learners may browse to learn more about your offerings. While these pages are automatically created, they can be further configured.
Global Detail Page Layout:
You can customize the layout of the detail page sidebars. Every content and ecommerce item will display the global detail page sidebar layout unless customized at the item level.
There are two global detail page layouts to configure:
Course Detail Sidebar Layout
This layout applies to most content types and ecommerce items. The exception is Learning Path Detail Pages.
Path: Design > Layouts > Course Detail Sidebar Layout
Learning Path Detail Sidebar Layout
This layout applies to Learning Path Detail Pages only.
Path: Design > Layouts > Learning Path Detail Sidebar Layout
Configure Detail Page Settings for Content Items:
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for the course you want to alter and select the Design Step.
- Click Edit Catalog Settings, then go to the Detail Page tab.
- From here, populate the fields to configure your course detail page settings (e.g. title, description, and images).
Add Tabs for Content Items:
- At the bottom of the Detail Page tab, you will have the option to add custom tabs using the provided templates. To do this, click Add Tab and select a tab type.
- Free Text
- Lesson Syllabus (outline pulled directly from course)
- Instructors (name, biography, and headshot - specs 400x400px)
- Products (information pulled from eCommerce setup)
- Testimonials (pulled from published testimonials)
Learning Path Detail Pages do not have the option to add tabs because that space is utilized to display the milestones and courses within the Learning Path. By default, there is a "View Details" link next to each course description that leads to the Course Detail Pages (where tabs are available).
Customize Layout for Content Items:
- At the top of the Detail Page tab, you will have the option to add a customized layout for your detail page (by default, the global layout will be used). To customize, click Add Custom Layout.
- This will bring you directly into the design area for your detail page. From here, you can add, remove, or customize a selection of widgets.
- Course Purchase widget
- Course Social Links widget
- Course Benefits widget
- Related Courses widget
- Video widget
- Title & Subtitle widget
- Column widgets
- Banner Ad widget
- Horizontal Rule widget
- Custom HTML widget
What else do I need to know?
- To customize the layout for Ecommerce items, go to Ecommerce > Ecommerce Items > Actions > Edit and click Add Custom Layout at the top of the page.
- You can choose to set up a free preview lesson. The link for a free preview lesson will display above the price widget. See our Setting Up a Free Preview Lesson in a Course article.
- To view the detail page for a piece of content, go to Content > Manage Content > Click the Actions Menu > Select Detail Page.