The first step in creating a course is building out your course shell or outline. This creates the structure of your course, similar to chapters in a book.
Where do I find this?
Content > Manage Content > Click on Content Title
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for the course you want to alter.
- Click Add Section. This will be your first major section header, or "chapter" of content. Enter section title and click Add. You may choose to release the section on a future date, which you can indicate in the Release On field.
- Click Add Lesson. This will be the first lesson within the section. Enter lesson title and click Add.
- From here, you can start adding pages of content. Do this by clicking Add Page, then choosing the type of page you want to create.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until you have your desired course outline.
- Be sure to click Publish when you're done so that your content is able to be viewed by learners when they access the course.
Publishing cannot be reversed. Once a change is published, it will be available to learners.
What does this look like?
Create a section title, then click Add.
Name your lesson, then click Add.
Select the type of page you want to create.