Out of the several content types available, courses are the most common and are made up of sections, lessons, and then pages. They provide a robust learning experience with page-to-page navigation and a sidebar menu that includes the course outline and any utilities enabled.
Where do I find this?
Content > Add Content > Add Course
You can create a custom content type using the course template. Custom content types help you accomplish a couple of things:
1. Displaying a different content name to learners (i.e. Master Course or Platform Training)
2. Reporting can be monitored by content type
Because of this, you may have multiple content types built on the course template. You can choose any at the 'Add Course' step because building them out is the same functional experience from an admin perspective.
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click Add Content, and then Add Course (or any custom content type built on the course template).
- Enter course name. Click Save.
- Click Add New Section to add one or more sections to the course.
- Click Add New Lesson to add a lesson within the desired section.
- Click Add New Page to add a page within the desired lesson.
- Continue building your course outline. See our article on building a course outline for more information.
What else do I need to know?
- Be sure to publish each individual section in order to make that section's content available to your learners.
- If the course should be displayed in the catalog, click the Release button. A course must have one or more sections or lessons in order to release the course to the catalog. See our article on releasing content to the catalog for more information.