Redemption codes can be created to give each learner access to a specific content item or subscription, via a unique, individual code. Once created, individual codes are distributed to each learner, to be redeemed one time only. In other words, each learner gets their own code to be used just one time.
If you are interested in distributing just one unique code that is shared and reusable for multiple learners, see our Managing Learners with Registration Codes article.
Where do I find this?
Users > Redemption Codes
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Users, and then Redemption Codes.
- Click Add Redemption Codes.
You can also view gifted redemption codes from this page. Scroll to the bottom and click View Gifted Redemption Codes.
- From here, you have two options:
Upload Codes I've Created
If you would like to customize your codes, add codes to a CSV file and upload them to your instance and then follow the onscreen directions. Note that when customizing, you must limit your codes to 20 characters and use only "a-z", "0-9" and "-".02
Automatically Generate Codes
To generate a series of random codes. This will bring you to a form where you will add the relevant information for your codes. Provide a label, length of code, number of codes you want to generate, days of access (if applicable), and the content, subscription(s) or learning paths that users will be granted access to.
There is a limit of 10,000 for number of codes per group.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- To redeem, learners can go to
/redeemon any learning site. New users will be prompted to register (first name, last name, email) and can enter one or more codes. If a learner is already registered, he/she will click Sign In and get redirected back to this page to redeem codes. Users will enter and validate each code before clicking Redeem.
- Alternatively, you can append the unique redemption code to the
/redeemURL. This will automatically validate the code so that users don't have to manually enter it. We support the following URL format:
- After redeeming a code, learners will be directed to their dashboard where they will find the assigned content.
- This redemption page can be customized further by going to Design > Layouts > Redemption Layout. See our Using Layouts & Page Builder to Customize Your Site article for more information.
- Language pertaining to the Redemption widget on the redemption page can be customized in Translations. See our Translations: Changing Labels, Buttons, & Email Text article for more information.
- To track redeemed redemption codes, go to Users > Redemption Codes and click Download Codes next to the batch you want to track. This will prompt a file download for all codes within that batch, along with redemption details for each code. This file will include email, first name, last name, and timestamp for each particular redemption.
- To add codes to an existing batch, go to Users > Redemption Codes and click Add Codes next to the batch you want add to. You'll be prompted to enter the # of Additional Codes. Click Save. The entire batch of codes (new and old, redeemed or not) will now be available from the Download Codes button.
What does this look like?
To begin, click Add Redemption Codes.
Once you click Add Redemption Codes you'll have to choose whether you want to 1) upload custom codes that you've already created, or 2) have the platform automatically generate your codes.
If you choose to Upload Codes I've Created, you will be prompted to download a CSV import template. Once completed and exported as a CSV, click I've downloaded and filled in the template.
Alternatively, if you choose to have the platform automatically generate your codes, click Automatically Generate Codes and complete the relevant fields. Then, click Save.