Registration codes can be created to give multiple learners access to a specific content item or subscription, via one shared code. Once created, a single code is distributed to multiple learners, to be redeemed over and over again (or up to a set limit). Registration codes can also be used to assign learners to a specific Panorama.
If you are interested in distributing a unique code to each individual learner, see our Managing Learners with Redemption Codes article.
Where do I find this?
Users > Registration Codes
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Users, and then Registration Codes.
- Click Add Registration Code.
- This will bring you to a form where you will add the relevant information for your new code. Begin by adding a Registration Label.
- Next, customize your Registration Code, if desired. This field will be pre-populated with a randomly generated code. You can either leave as is, or customize it. If you decide to customize, please use only "a-z", "0-9" and "-".
- Enter Max Redemptions (if applicable). Leave this field blank if there is no limit to the number of redemptions allowed.
- If you are assigning this code to a Panorama, search for the desired Panorama & Sublicenses, and then assign it to the registration code.
- Set the usage allowance in the Days of Access field (if applicable).
- Assign one or more courses, subscriptions, or learning paths to the registration code.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- To redeem, learners can go to /redeem on any learning site. New users will be prompted to register (i.e., first name, last name, email) and can enter one or more codes. If a learner is already registered, he/she will click Sign In and get redirected back to this page to redeem codes. Users will enter and validate each code before clicking Redeem.
- Alternatively, you can append the unique registration code to the /redeem URL. This will automatically validate the code so that users don't have to manually enter it. We support the following URL format: /redeem/registrationcode.
- After redeeming a code, learners will be directed to their dashboard where they will find the assigned content.
- The registration page can be customized further going to Design > Layouts > Registration Layout. See our Using Layouts & Page Builder to Customize Your Site article for more information.
- Language pertaining to the registration page can be customized in Translations. See our Translations: Changing Labels, Buttons, & Email Text article for more information.
- To track redeemed registration codes, go to Reporting > Public Site > Registration. From here, you can download a CSV or JSON file with redemption information for each code. This file will include email, first name, last name, and timestamp for each particular redemption.
What does this look like?
From your dashboard, select Users, and then Registration Codes. From here you can edit, delete or you can add a new registration code.
Next, complete the form by entering the relevant information for your new registration code. Click Save.