Stripe is the primary eCommerce vendor on the Thought Industries platform. In order to sell courses via your learning site, you must create a Stripe account and then connect that account to your instance. Once fully configured, you can sell content (courses, webinars, etc.) and other eCommerce items (subscriptions, products, etc.) directly from your learning site.
Where do I find this?
Settings > Integrations > eCommerce
How do I do this?
- To begin with, you can create your Stripe account by going to www.stripe.com. Once you have an account set up on Stripe, you can go into your instance to connect your Stripe account to Thought Industries. Alternatively, you can set up your Stripe account during step 3, below, as you set up your integration.
- From within your instance, go to Settings > Integrations > eCommerce.
- Click the Connect to LIVE Stripe Account button. Alternatively, you can click the Connect to TEST Stripe Account button if you'd like to use a test account to test transitions prior to launch. If you did not already create a Stripe account during step 1, you can also do so now.
If you choose the test account option, you will need to reconnect to your live account prior to launch to begin accepting payments. When you're ready to connect to your live account, please reach out to Tech Success & Support.
- Next, you'll be prompted to provide the following details:
- Business address
- Type of business (corporation; individual, sole proprietorship, or single-person LLC; limited liability company (LLC); nonprofit organization; partnership)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) or personal social security number (optional)
- Business website
- Business description
- Legal name
- Job title
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of social security number
- Home address
- Statement descriptor
- Customer support phone number
- Routing number
- Account number
Once you click on the link to connect Stripe, you must continue the set up in the same session. If for any reason you are not able to finalize the set up, please contact your Tech Success & Support to have your connection reset.
What else do I need to know?
- Credit card information is not stored or processed by Thought Industries.
- Visit Stripe's support page for additional information.
What does this look like?