Add learners to your site and grant access instantly through the manager interface. Read on to learn how to invite them via email for quick access to specific content.
While there are multiple ways for a learner to get access to your learning site and content (e.g. purchasing a course, entering a redemption code, or accessing content through SSO), inviting a learner to your site and granting them access to specific content through an email invitation is the simplest option for one by one additions.
Use Case Information
Use this process if you want a small number of learners to receive an email invitation to your learning site. You have to assign at least one component of access (a content item, panorama/sublicense, etc.) if you are inviting learners one by one in the manager interface.
How to Invite a New Learner to Your Site
- From your homepage, select Users > Learners.
- In the top right, select the Gear icon > Add Learner.
- Enter the learner's first name, last name, and email address.
- Select the content or client that learner should have access to.
- If you would like to send a customized message in the learner's email invitation, complete the Invite Message field.
- Click Invite.
Notes, Tips and Considerations
Learner invitations do not expire. If you would like to revoke the invitation, you must disable the user so the invitation will no longer be valid.
The learner will receive an email invitation to the learning site, so be sure to enter a valid email address.
When the learner accepts the invitation, they will be prompted to generate a unique password for future logins.
Terms and Conditions
Learners need to agree to terms and conditions before proceeding to the learner dashboard.