There are various ways for a learner to receive access to content within your learning site (e.g. purchase a course, enter a redemption code, SSO, etc.). You can also simply invite a learner to your site and grant them access to specific content.
Where do I find this?
Users > Learners
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Users.
- From the left menu, select Learners.
- Next, click the Gear icon, then Add Learner.
- Enter the learner's first name, last name, and email address.
- Specify what content the learner should have access to.
It's important to choose one way to provision access. Either assign individual content OR subscriptions OR client licenses.
- Lastly, complete the Invite Message field if you would like to customize the invitation text for that particular learner (optional).
- Click Invite.
Learner Invites do not expire. If you would like to revoke the invite, you can disable the user and the invite will no longer be valid.
What else do I need to know?
- The learner will receive an email invite to the learning site so it's important to enter a valid email address.
- When the learner accepts the invite, he/she will be prompted to generate a unique password for future logins. They'll also need to agree to terms & conditions before proceeding to the learner dashboard.
- For information on setting up a new manager, see our Managing Admin Users article.
What does this look like?