With Learner Notifications, you can set up multiple automated emails to send to learners upon certain events and triggers.
Learner Notifications are a premium feature and behind a feature flag.
Reach out to Thought Industries Tech Success & Support for assistance to enable this feature in your instance.
Where do I find this?
Communications > Learner Notifications
How do I do this?
To create a learner notification:
- From your homepage, select Communications.
- From the left menu, select Learner Notifications and then Create Learner Notification.
- From the drop-down, select the learner notification type.
- In the Title field, enter a title for your notification.
- Search for one or more pieces of content to associate this notification with, or simply check All Content to indicate that you’d like this campaign to apply to all content in your main instance (this does not include client courses).
- Click Save.
Adding emails to a learner notification:
- Click + Add Email.
- Select the trigger (action required to send this email) from the drop-down. For example, you can choose to send immediately after enrollment or to send on a specific date.
- Depending on the trigger chosen, complete the relevant fields that appear below. Be sure to fill in the Subject and Body as you would like for them to appear in the email.
- You may optionally select a condition from the Exclude Conditions drop-down to skip sending emails to learners that have already performed an action or meet the selected criteria (e.g. already completed the content).
- To preview this email in your inbox, click Send Test Email to send a test to your currently signed-in email address.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Add Button and Button URL are for adding a call-to-action to the bottom of your email, so that you can send traffic to a specific site.
- For client courses (using the Panorama feature), courses provisioned via subscription, or courses included in Learning Paths, enrollment occurs when the learner has logged-in and clicked to view the content at least once.
- For all other content, enrollment occurs right when the learner gets access to that content.
- Learner notification emails send in the evening.
What does this look like?
Admin View (creating a learner notification):
Admin View (adding emails to a notification):