You can offer your learners a menu of sorts where they can select the pieces of content to purchase from a menu of offerings. The A la carte Collection is essentially a "build-your-own" bundle.
Use Case Information
The A la carte Collection is used to offer a package of content, where users can select the particular pieces of content that they'd like and pay a discounted price per piece of content (depending on how many they select).
Configuration of A la carte Collection
- From your homepage, select Ecommerce.
- Click Ecommerce Items, and then Add Ecommerce Item.
- Select the A la carte Collection template.
- Add a title for your A la carte Collection.
- This title will be displayed to the public.
- Next, you will be asked to add the settings and display information for your A la carte collection, including:
- Collection Name: The learner-facing title
- Short Description: The description for used in the catalog, as well as the description that displays above the detail page image.
- Long Description: The description that displays below the detail page image.
Promotion Description: an optional description to incentivize your learners to purchase more for a discount. This description propagates within the Purchase Widget on the A la carte Collection Detail Page.
Instructor Messaging Included: This allows your learners to message the instructor and applies to any courses in this collection.
Instructor messaging must be enabled in Utilities within Step 1 when creating a course before including this feature in your collection. It is there where you include the instructor's email to be included in Instructor Messaging.
- SKU: Use for reporting purposes.
- Tags: Use a tag to help you stay organized, as well filter and find this A la carte Collection easily in your eCommerce interface.
- Custom Fields: adding any value for your Custom Fields that were previously created in Settings > Content > Organize and Display. This value will help your learners filter and find this collection.
- Meta Title: Use for Search Engine Optimization purposes.
- Meta Description: Use for Search Engine Optimization purposes.
- Confirmation: This confirmation message displays after your learner completes a purchase.
- Image: Use for both catalog thumbnail and detail page image.
- Ribbon: Apply the appropriate Ribbon from the selection you have created in your Settings > Content > Organization and Display.
- Preview Video: Add a video to display instead of an image on your Detail Page.
- Content: Select the content to include in the A la carte Collection.
Learning Paths: Select the learning paths to include in the collection.
Carefully consider the content items you include in a collection. If you include a course as well as a learning path that contains that course, it’s possible that the learner could add both and purchase the course twice.
- Enable Bulk Purchasing: Set up packages to allow your learners to purchase this A la carte Collection in bulk.
- Price: Enter the total price users would pay for 1 item, 2 items, 3 items, etc. (e.g. $20.00 for 1 course, $30.00 for 2 courses).
Available for Purchase: Toggle to Yes to expose the price in your catalog and allow learners to purchase the item.
Do not enable the Available for Purchase option until you are ready to make the collection live to your learners.
- Show in Catalog: Toggle to "Yes" to release the collection so it is exposed in your catalog.
- Collection Type: The template you used to create the collection will be exposed to your learners, however, this is fully customizable and could be edited to reflect your language.
- Click Save.
Admin View of Configuration
You can easily edit any particular A la carte Collection by going to Ecommerce > Ecommerce Items > Actions > Edit. From here, you'll be able to add or remove content, edit price, or change display information.