The a la carte course collection is essentially a "build-your-own" bundle. It is used to offer a package of courses, where users can select the particular courses that they'd like and pay a discounted price per course (depending on how many they select).
Where do I find this?
Ecommerce > Ecommerce Items > Add Ecommerce Item > A La Carte Collection
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Ecommerce.
- Click Ecommerce Items, then Add Ecommerce Item.
- Select the a la carte course collection type. You will be prompted to add a title for your collection.
This title will be displayed to the public (e.g. Holiday Special, Get Healthy Collection, etc.)
- Next, you will be asked to add the settings/display information for your collection(description, price, confirmation text, collection image, etc.)
- If you would like to include Instructor Messaging, toggle to "Yes" on that option.
- In the Courses field, search for the particular courses that should be included as part of the collection and click the green + icon to add them to the collection.
- Enter the total price users would pay for 1 item, 2 items, 3 items, etc. (e.g. $20.00 for 1 course, $30.00 for 2 courses).
Do not enable the Available for Purchase option until you are ready to make the collection live to your learners.
- To add the collection to the catalog, toggle "Show in Content Catalog?" to "Yes".
- Make sure all applicable settings are configured, then click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- You can easily edit any particular collection by going to Ecommerce > Ecommerce Items > Actions > Edit. From here, you'll be able to add or remove courses, edit price, or change display information.
What does this look like?
Once you've clicked Add eCommerce Item, you will need to select the a la carte collection type. You will be prompted to add a name for your collection.
Next, you will be asked to add the settings/display information for your collection. Make sure all applicable settings are configured, then click Save.