You can easily configure when and how you receive automated data notifications. You can choose which events you'd like to be notified about, as well as how you'd like the notification to be sent (e.g. email, SFTP, or webhook). Note that webhooks are a great option when integrating with a third-party system.
Where do I find this?
Settings > Integrations > Notifications
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Integrations and then Notifications.
- Click New Notification to add a new notification.
- From here you will find a complete list of available events. Select the event that you'd like to receive notifications for (e.g., instructor is messaged).
- Once your selection is made, you will be prompted to select your preferred notification type:
- Available for all notifications.
- All webhooks, except for subscription purchases, are sent in real time as the event is performed.
- Each event will fire a separate webhook.
- Webhooks are available in JSON format.
- See our Configuring Webhook Data Transfers article for more information.
- We will automatically retry failed webhook deliveries.
- Available for all notifications
- We support nightly data transfers at 2am (based on the site's time zone) that will contain all events from the previous day.
- SFTP is available in JSON or CSV format.
- See our Configuring SFTP Data Transfers article for more information.
- Email notifications are available for certain events only, based on event occurrence.
- Select the notification format (JSON or CSV, when applicable).
- For certain events, you can also choose to be notified about a specific course. However, please note that the default setting applies to all courses within the site.
- Complete any additional prompts (e.g. enter email address to be notified).
- Click Test Event.
- Once you've received your sample, click Save Notification.
What else do I need to know?
- Multiple notifications can be added for the same event so that the data can be sent to multiple locations.