Do you ever wonder how webpages at the top of your search engine results ever got there? It is because they were Search Engine Optimized. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
Use Case Information
To enhance SEO, you can customize the meta-title and meta-description tags for various pages on your learning site. Customizations are supported for native Thought Industries pages (e.g., homepage, catalog), detail pages and custom pages.
When configured you can:
- Rank high on search engine pages.
- Have more opportunity to convert prospects into customers.
- Boost your brand credibility.
- Boost your brand visibility.
- Give your company a competitive edge.
- Help generate quality leads.
Setting Up SEO for Your Content Detail Pages
For any content you build using the native Thought Industries Authoring Tool, you have the chance to add a Meta Title and Meta Description to help enhance the SEO for that piece of content.
- From your homepage, select Courses > All Courses.
- Select the content by clicking on the Content Title.
- Navigate to the Design step > Edit Catalog Settings.
- Click the SEO tab to add your Meta Title and Meta Description.
- Click Save.
Setting Up SEO for eCommerce Detail Pages
For any product and/or content you monetize, using the native Thought Industries Stripe Integration, you have the chance to add a Meta Title and Meta Description to help enhance the SEO for that monetized product and/or content.
- From your homepage, select Ecommerce > Products.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the item you want to alter, and click Edit.
- Scroll down the page and complete the fields for Meta Title and Meta Description.
- Click Save.
Setting Up SEO for Custom Pages
Thought Industries provides out-of-the-box page layouts for you to incorporate into your user flow. However, you may have the want or need to build a page completely from scratch! If you are using Custom Pages, you can enhance the SEO for those pages as well!
- From your homepage, select Site > Site Builder.
- In the left menu, select Pages.
- Click Actions > Edit next to the custom page you want to alter.
- Complete the fields for Meta Title and Meta Description.
- Click Save.
Translation Strings for SEO
Translations allow you to change certain built-in terms across the Thought Industries system. You can even translate the SEO and Meta information section of your platform.
- From your homepage, select Settings > Translations.
- Locate the SEO & Meta Information section, complete the following fields, and then click Save.
Course Collection Detail pages
A la carte Collection Detail pages