The video template creates a standalone scrollable text page featuring a video at the top. Multiple settings and features are available. The video template is used to display a video as one page, with additional text if desired.
Where do I find this?
Content > Add Content > Add Video
You can create a custom content type using the video template. Custom content types help you accomplish a couple of things:
1. Displaying a different content name to learners (i.e. Clips or Training)
2. Reporting can be monitored by content type
Because of this, you may have multiple content types built on the video template. You can choose any at the 'Add Content' step because building out any video content type is the same functional experience from an admin perspective.
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click Add Content.
- Choose the video template by clicking Add Video.
- Enter the video name and click Save.
- Add your video by uploading it directly to the platform, or by importing via the Wistia Media ID. Click Save.
- To populate text underneath the video, you can use the fields in the Content section.
- Enter the copy to be displayed for Title, Subtitle, Body, and Copyright.
- Other options:
- Upload PDF to create a "Download PDF" button.
- Audio Narration File to create a "Play Audio" button.
- External URL and External URL Call To Action to create a "Purchase" button.
- Click Save Variant.
What else do I need to know?
- Publish Changes: To make new content or edits visible to learners, you must save the language variant and the click Publish Changes at the top of the screen.
- Release to Catalog / Unrelease from Catalog: To make the video visible in the catalog, click Release at the top of the screen. Note that you can hide from the catalog anytime you want. You can also schedule content to show on a specific date by clicking the small clock icon to the left of the Release button.
- Preview Video: To preview the video as a learner would see it, click Preview Video at the top of the screen.
- Note that if multiple language variants are created, a drop-down will appear on the left menu of the learner view allowing learners to select a language.
- Like any other content, changes can be made to design, pricing, availability, testimonials, etc. by going to the content settings at Content > Actions > Settings.
What does this look like?
Add your video by uploading it directly to the platform, or by importing via the Wistia Media ID. Click Save.
To populate text underneath the video, you can do so by filling out the Content section below the Video.
Next, enter the copy to be displayed, and configure any additional settings. Click Save Variant. Publish Changes when you're ready for the learner to see the content.