The Bulk Purchasing feature allows learners to purchase multiple or bulk seats of access to Content, Collections, and A la Carte Collections. Once multiple seats are purchased, the purchaser will receive redemption codes so multiple users can gain access to the content. Below are details on how to set up Bulk Purchasing as well as the purchaser's experience.
Where do I find this?
Content > Actions> Settings > Ecommerce
In order to see Ecommerce options including "Enable Bulk Purchasing", make sure "Free Access with Registration" is toggled to "No" under Content > Actions > Settings > Access.
Collections/A La Carte Collections:
Ecommerce > Ecommerce Items > Actions > Edit
How do I do this?
To set up Bulk Purchasing:
- From your dashboard, follow the paths above to navigate to either a piece of content or a collection.
- Once you are on the page with Ecommerce settings, toggle "Enable Bulk Purchasing" to "Yes".
- Seat Tier and Seat Package options will appear.
- Modify and/or create new Seat Tiers & Price per Seat fields.
- Pricing is required for all Seat Tiers.
- Modify and/or create new Seat Packages.
- Click Save.
Seat Tiers are used to set price breaks at certain milestones. They are priced up to the number of seats in the tier. By default, there is always a last "& Up" tier that will need a set price as well.
For example, if the price for each individual seat is typically $20.00 per seat, but you'd like the learner to get a discount for buying 10 seats, you should set the first seat tier at 9 seats for $20.00. You will see the "& Up" tier is now set at "10 seats & Up" which you can then price at less than $20.00 per seat to give a discount for a bulk purchase.
Seat Packages define what quantities will be available for purchase on the detail page. One seat is available by default for an individual to buy or gift. Any other number of seats you would like to be available for purchase should be added as a Seat Package. The price for that Seat Package is automatically calculated based on which Seat Tier it falls into.
For example, if you use the Seat Tiers above, and you have Seat Packages available for quantities 2-10 (2,3,4,etc.; remember one seat is available by default), buying 8 seats would cost the user $160.00 (8x$20.00 per seat).
You would like to offer learners the option to buy any quantity of seats between 1-20. The learner would get a price break when at 10 seats or 20 seats purchased.
Seat Tiers Set Up:
- 9 Seats : $20.00 per seat
(Purchasing 9 seats or less will be priced at $20.00 per seat)
- 19 Seats : $18.00 per seat
(Purchasing 10-19 seats will be priced at $18.00 per seat)
- 20 Seats & Up : $17.00 per seat
(Purchasing 20 seats will be priced at $17.00 per seat; this last "& Up" Tier is automatically placed for you, but you have to set a price)
Seat Packages Set Up:
- One seat is automatically set up for purchase.
- Set up packages for 2-20. Package prices will line up with the Seat Tiers per seat price.
- Example: 15 seats : $270.00 per package (automatically calculated based on $18.00 per seat)
What else do I need to know?
- After purchase, redemption codes are available for download to the learner from the purchase confirmation page, via the confirmation email, or from the Purchases tab on the Learner's profile page (From learner dashboard, name dropdown menu > Profile > Purchases).
- From an Admin perspective, the learner’s name will be used as the title for the randomly generated redemption codes found in the admin interface (Users > Redemption Codes). If the learner returns and purchases an additional set of codes, the title of the redemption code will have the learner’s name with a number appended to the end. Each new bulk purchase will increase the number in sequential order. Like manager created redemption codes, users can Add, Download, & Delete codes via the redemption codes interface.
- Alternatively, managers can Add, Download, & Delete codes from the Access tab of the Learner’s profile.
- If a coupon code is used with an item purchased in bulk, the coupon will apply to the price per seat.
What does this look like?
Admin View (Content Set Up):
Admin View (A La Carte Collection Set Up):
Learner View (Detail Page):
Learner View (Confirmation Page):
Learner View (Confirmation Email):
Learner View (Purchases Tab):