Dynamically display content that each user has recently viewed.
The widget will pull a list of recent content views (3 seconds or more on a page) for a Learner. The last item the Learner viewed will appear first in the list.
Views are tracked in a separate database, and will take a few minutes to populate in the widget.
Where do I find this?
For standard layouts:
Design > Layouts > Actions > Edit
For custom pages:
Design > Pages > Actions > Design
This widget is available in the following layouts:
- Learning Path
- Custom Pages
How do I do this?
- Add the Recently Viewed Content widget to your page by clicking on the widget item in the widget menu on the left.
- Fill out a title if desired.
- Choose the number of items to display and what information will be displayed for each item.
- Max number of viewed items to display is 25.
- Choose your row width (1-5 items per row).
- Add a sidebar if desired.
- After all of your fields are filled, click Save.
Options available in the widget:
- Use New Title Display
- Adds a CTA Button
- Number of items to display (Max 25)
- If the learner has not viewed enough content, fewer items may be shown.
- Item Information:
- Display Titles, Content Types, Sources, Authors, Images, Descriptions, or Start Date.
- Row Width (desktop view only)
- 1-5 items per row.
- Select Sidebar Type
- RSS/Atom Feed
- Static Content
- CSS Classes
- Enable Carousel Display
We do not track page views for admins, managers, or any role with manager interface access. When editing layouts, the widget will appear empty.
After making updates to your page design, we always recommend viewing the final product from a learner's perspective to get the full effect.
What does this look like?
The preview will not display the Recently Viewed Content widget. Because we don't track this activity for admin, we don't have examples to display. View the widget logged in as a learner and relevant content will populate.