Show off some of your best reviews by displaying the quotes in the Testimonials widget.
Use Case Information
The Testimonials Widget will display a large quote and attribution on your page. If you add multiple quotes, users can click through to view each quote. You can customize each quote by adjusting the background color, text color, or by placing the quote over a background image.
Add Testimonials Widget to Layouts
To incorporate the Testimonials Widget onto a standard layout or a custom page:
- From your homepage, select Design > Layouts.
- Choose from the provided default page layouts.
- Select Actions and then Edit from the dropdown.
If you want to add the Testimonials widget to a custom page, click Actions and then Design from the dropdown.
- From the left sidebar menu of available widgets, select Testimonials Widget.
- Click Add Item to start adding testimonials.
- Fill out the relevant information: Quote, User Name, User Description.
- Customize the background with a solid color or a background image.
- Customize the text color if desired.
- Choose the justification: Center, Left, or Right.
- Click Done to exit that item.
- To add additional items, repeat the previous step.
After clicking Add Item to create another item beyond the 1st item, you can click the white arrows on the testimonials widget in the preview area to change your view & to see what you are creating currently. You can move between the testimonial items as needed in the preview area.
- To edit the items after creation, use the pencil icon next to the testimonial.
- To delete the items after creation, use the trash icon next to the testimonial.
- After all of your items are added, be sure to click Save.
Your newly designed widget will be easily located at the bottom of your page layout.
Other Editing Options
- After saving, edit the settings for the widget by clicking the Pencil Icon at the top left of the widget.
- To reposition the widget on the page, simply click the Carrots on the left side of the widget.
- To delete the widget off the page completely, click the Trash Can Icon on the right side of the widget.
- To preview how the widget appears for your learners, click View Preview Mode at the top right of the page. Click Back to Editor Mode to continue editing the page layout.
After making updates to your page design, we always recommend viewing the final product from a learner's perspective to get the full effect.
Where to Find the Testimonials Widget
The following is a list of default Thought Industries page layouts where you could incorporate the Testimonials Widget:
- Learning Path
- Custom Pages