Highlight specific pieces of content using the Featured Content Widgets. There are currently three types of Featured Content Widgets:
1. Featured Content Tiles (Standard Layout)
2. Featured Content Tiles (Descriptive Layout)
3. Featured Content Carousel
|Unique Properties of Featured Content Widgets|
|Featured Content Tiles (Standard Layout)||Featured Content Tiles (Descriptive Layout)||Featured Content Carousel|
Where do I find this?
For standard layouts:
Design > Layouts > Actions > Edit
For custom pages:
Design > Pages > Actions > Design
These widgets are available in the following layouts:
- Learning Path
- Custom Pages
How do I do this?
Content must be Released in order to display to the learners in Featured Content widgets.
- Add a Featured Content widget to your page by clicking on the widget item in the widget menu on the left.
- Select Content Type to display in widget: Dynamically Display Content or Manually Create Content.
Dynamically Display Content:
Choosing this option allows you to select content individually or through a query. Either way, the information is pulled from the actual content settings so the tiles will update dynamically as changes are made to the content (i.e. title change, description change, image change, etc.).02
Manually Create Content:
Choosing this option allows you to have flexibility on the Item Title, Item Description, Item Image, and the Item Link. Any values in these fields will override the display in the content tiles.
Display checkbox options apply when you link to a Content Item in the Item Link field. This allows you to dynamically display some of the information.
- If you've chosen to Dynamically Display Content, populate the widget by selecting content individually or writing a query.
- See our article on writing queries for further guidance.
- If you've chosen to Manually Create Content, begin by adding Items (click the "+ Icon" button).
- The items will be sorted in the order they are added.
- Choose display options for content items.
- Select Row Width (1-5 items per row).
- Add a sidebar if desired.
- Click Save.
Options available in the widget:
- Use New Title Display
- Adds a CTA button
- Dynamically Display Content:
- Populate Widget
- Content Sort Order
- Number of Items (max 50)
- Manually Create Content:
- Item Title
- Item Description
- Item Image
- Item Link
- Content Display Options
- Row Width
- 1-5 per row
- Select Sidebar Type
- RSS/Atom Feed
- Static Content
- CSS Classes
After making updates to your page design, we always recommend viewing the final product from a learner's perspective to get the full effect.
What does this look like?
Featured Content Tiles (Standard Layout)
Featured Content Tiles (Descriptive Layout)
Featured Content Carousel
Choose between Dynamically Display Content or Manually Create Content.
Dynamically Display Content
Manually Create Content