This navigational widget is useful when you need to provide an easy way for users to get to important pages.
Where do I find this?
For standard layouts:
Design > Layouts > Actions > Edit
For custom pages:
Design > Pages > Actions > Design
This widget is available in the following layouts:
- Learning Path
- Custom Pages
How do I do this?
- Add a Navigation Bar widget to your page by clicking on the widget item in the widget menu on the left.
- Add a link by clicking Add Link.
- Fill in Link Text.
- Choose whether or not it will be a dropdown list by using the toggle "Is Dropdown?".
- To create a dropdown list: Select "Yes" for the toggle "Is Dropdown?". This link simply becomes a list title. Next, click Done.
- Add sublinks in the dropdown menu by clicking Add Sublink. Fill in the Sublink Text and Link, then click Done.
- Move links up or down by using the up/down arrows next to the links.
- You also have the ability to rearrange the sublinks underneath the main links by using the four point icons.
- Edit the links by using the pencil icon.
- Similarly, delete the links/sublinks by using the trash icon. You will be asked to confirm deletion.
- Click Save.
Options available in the widget:
- Add Link
- Link Text
- Link To (if no dropdown)
- If dropdown, Add Sublink will become an option
- CSS Classes
After making updates to your page design, we always recommend viewing the final product from a learner's perspective to get the full effect.
What does this look like?
Add Links. If you choose to create a dropdown, Add Sublinks.