Thought Industries' BI Connector allows companies to integrate with any business intelligence tool that can directly access and query data. The BI Connector is an instance specific PostgreSQL database hosted on Amazon Web Services. This powerful feature enables companies to visualize key learning and engagement data in unique and powerful ways, as well as combine this insight with data from other areas of the company.
Use Thought Industries' data with your Business Intelligence Tools, like Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Domo, and more.
- Join Thought Industries' data with other company data for cross functional insights.
- Gain access to granular data analysis.
- Customize queries and reports to fit your needs.
How do I do this?
BI Connector is a premium feature and behind a feature flag.
Reach out to Tech Success & Support for assistance to enable this feature in your instance.
- When you're ready to connect your Business Intelligence tool to the PostgreSQL database, please reach out to your Thought Industries' representative or Support. Providing the following information would be helpful to quickly move forward:
- Email addresses of any team members that would need to be included on future communication related the BI Connector database.
- Which instance the database should be created for (if you have more than one instance).
Our team will create your instance specific PostgreSQL database and send an email with a link to encrypted database information for you and your team to proceed.
- Look out for an email from a Thought Industries' team member with the subject line similar to "Customer Name - Thought Industries BI Connector SQL Database Access".
This email will include an encrypted link to your instance's database information.
- Use the database information to connect the PostgreSQL database to your BI tool.
- Once the database is connected, set up the sync time in your Thought Industries instance under Settings > Integrations > Third-Party Services > BI Connector section. Make sure to Save.
- Data should now flow between Thought Industries and your Business Intelligence Tool at the sync time.