With the Link Lists Widget, you can create an organized list of links to display on your page.
Use Case Information
This navigational widget is useful when you need a place for a large number of links. Create a place for learners to easily navigate to many points in your site. You can select the number of links to display, add link list titles and organize your lists from this widget.
Add Link Lists Widget to Layouts
To incorporate the Link Lists Widget onto a standard layout or a custom page:
- From your homepage, select Design > Layouts.
- Choose from the provided default page layouts.
- Select Actions and then Edit from the dropdown.
If you want to add the Link Lists widget to a custom page, click Actions and then Design from the dropdown.
- From the left sidebar menu of available widgets, select Link Lists Widget.
- Add a Title.
- Turn on Use New Title Display to shift the title from center to left justification and add a horizontal separator underneath the title.
- (optional) Choose a number of links to display always; beyond this set number of links, a 'more' option will display to learners.
- Create Link List labels by typing in a label and clicking Add Link List.
- Click Add Link beneath each Link List Label to begin adding navigational links.
- Fill in the Link Text & choose where to Link To. Options include built in pages like the Homepage or Catalog, or another URL.
- Move Link List Labels up or down by using the up/down arrows next to the labels.
- You also have the ability to rearrange the links underneath the labels by using the four point icons.
- Edit the Link List Labels/Links by using the pencil icon.
- Similarly, delete the labels/links by using the trash icon. You will be asked to confirm deletion.
- Click Save.
Your newly designed widget will be easily located at the bottom of your page layout.
Other Editing Options
- After saving, edit the settings for the widget by clicking the Pencil Icon at the top left of the widget.
- To reposition the widget on the page, simply click the Carrots on the left side of the widget.
- To delete the widget off the page completely, click the Trash Can Icon on the right side of the widget.
- To preview how the widget appears for your learners, click View Preview Mode at the top right of the page. Click Back to Editor Mode to continue editing the page layout.
After making updates to your page design, we always recommend viewing the final product from a learner's perspective to get the full effect.
Where to Find the Links List Widget
The following is a list of default Thought Industries page layouts where you could incorporate the Links List Widget:
- Learning Path
- Custom Pages