The Thought Industries Zendesk Application offers you real time insight into your users previously completed or in-progress content.
Use Case Information
It will tie your users name and email to their learner account on the Thought Industries platform.
This data will allow you, and your support team:
- To better understand each individual's background and training on your product while providing live support.
- To view individual content items directly in the app.
- To view real-time completion and progress data so that you may understand your customers existing depth and breadth of knowledge of your system based on previously started or completed content.
The Thought Industries app for Zendesk is installed from the Zendesk Marketplace.
Installing the Thought Industries App
To find and install the Thought Industries app on Zendesk:
- As an administrator, log onto Zendesk.
- Click the gear icon for settings at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Under the Apps heading, click Marketplace. This opens a separate tab.
- In the Zendesk Marketplace, use the search bar in the upper-right to search for Thought Industries.
- Click the Thought Industries app in the search results.
- Click the Install button to the right of the app to start installation.
- The following fields are required: School URL and Thought Industries API Key. Optionally, role restrictions and group restrictions are configurable in this process as well.
- Enter the school URL. This is the site address for your instance, as assigned when the instance was created. The URL format should be
If you do not know this URL, contact your Thought Industries Representative for assistance.
- Enter the Thought Industries API Key.
- Keep Zendesk open to app setup and navigate to your Thought Industries instance in a separate browser tab or window.
- On Thought Industries, navigate to Settings > Security.
- Copy the string of characters from the API Key field on Thought Industries.
- Return to Zendesk and paste this string of characters into the Thought Industries API Key field.
- The role restrictions setting limits visibility of the Thought Industries app to the Zendesk roles chosen from this dropdown. Any roles not selected will not see the app in Zendesk. To set role restrictions, check Enable role restrictions? and choose at least one Zendesk role from the dropdown.
- Similar to role restrictions, group restrictions limit visibility of the Thought Industries app to users in specific groups on Zendesk, as selected in the dropdown. To set group restrictions, check Enable group restrictions? and select at least one group that should not be able to see the Thought Industries app in Zendesk.
- Click Install to finish installation.
Viewing the App in Zendesk
Navigate to the Zendesk dashboard and click on a ticket sent by a learner from your instance. The Thought Industries app will be displayed to the right of the ticket. This will display the learner’s content access and progress.