When impersonating a learner, the administrator has access to exactly what that learner can access in the system, including the same menus and content items. The instance records anything the administrator does while impersonating the learner as having been done by that user. Admin users with ‘Impersonating Learners’ role permissions can log in as a learner from the learner profile in the admin interface.
Where do I find this?
Users > Learners > Manage > Details tab
How do I do this?
To impersonate a learner:
- From your homepage, go to Users, then click Learners.
- Click Manage next to the learner you'd like to impersonate.
- You will land on the Details tab by default, which is where the button for impersonating is located.
- Look in the top right corner of the page and click "Impersonate This User".
- You will see this warning message - click "Yes" to continue.
- You will then be logged out of your admin session and logged in as the learner.
Any action you perform while impersonating the learner is recorded as having been done by that user.