Credit as a Currency is Changing.
Please note that Credit as a Currency is being replaced by Training Credits in the near future. We will keep you updated.
The Credit as a Currency feature allows learners to redeem credits for access to content. Credits can be provisioned to non-client learners in bulk and at an individual level. Client learners are provisioned credit through client specific credit batches. This article will go over using the Credit as a Currency feature for non-client learners (aka learners outside of panoramas).
If you're interested in using credit redemption inside of panorama clients, please see this article.
Credit Balance Redemption is behind a feature flag.
Reach out to Thought Industries Tech Success & Support for assistance to enable this feature in your instance.
- How to assign credit requirements to content
- How to set a credit balance for learners (3 options)
- Learner Experience
- Translations (change the word "credit" to something else)
To assign credit requirements to content:
- Navigate to the course settings Ecommerce tab and expand the Advanced menu.
- Go to Content > Actions > Settings > Ecommerce > Advanced.
- Enter a numerical credit requirement.
- Click Save.
The value for the Credit Requirement field does not propagate to sessions.
To set a credit balance for learners (3 options):
There are currently 3 options to set a credit balance for learners: Learner Profile, User Bulk Import, and API.
Assign a credit balance to learners individually through the learner profile.
- Navigate to the learners profile. By default, you will land on the Details tab.
- Go to Users > Learners > Profile (click on user's name) > Details.
- Locate the Balance field - at the top next to Email.
- Assign a Balance value.
- Click Save.
User Bulk Import
Use the "balance" field in the user bulk import template to assign credit balances to learners in groups.
- Navigate to the Users > Learners and click the Bulk Import button in the top right.
- Locate the balance field in the CSV template.
- At minimum, you should also include values for the following fields: firstName, lastName, and email.
- Assign a balance value to each row for each unique learner email.
- The balance value set in the CSV file will overwrite the learner's current credit balance.
- Attach the filled-out CSV file to the Bulk Import process and complete.
Assign credit balances to learners via the API endpoint Create and Update Users.
Once a credit requirement is set on the course and the learner has enough balance to cover the requirement, a new Redeem option will be available on the course detail page enrollment widget.
Both client learners and general learners will have the same redemption experience once configuration is complete.
If the course does not have a credit requirement or the learner does not have enough of a balance, the redemption option will not show and the learner will purchase the course through the regular checkout method.
Learners can view their credit balance by going to their profile and viewing the Credit Balance tab. Their credit balance will also display on content detail pages if the learner has enough credits to redeem that piece of content.
The word 'Credit' is translatable and will also translate in the management interface. Go to Translations and search for the following fields:
Translations for credits do not currently apply to panorama manager interfaces.
Navigate to the Learner Credit Logs in the Reporting Hub Library to view two data sets:
- Credit Allocation Log
- Credit Redemption Log
Path: Reporting Hub > Library > Learner Credit Logs
These reports only reflect credit allocations/redemptions directly to learners. Does not include batch allocations to Panoramas.