Credit as a Currency is Changing.
Please note that Credit as a Currency is being replaced by Training Credits in the near future. We will keep you updated.
The Credit as a Currency feature allows learners to redeem credits for access to content. Credits can be provisioned to non-client learners in bulk and at an individual level. Client learners are provisioned credit through client specific credit batches. This article will go over using the Credit as a Currency feature for client learners (aka learners inside of a panorama).
If you're interested in using credit redemption for non-client or general learners, please see this article.
Credit Balance Redemption in Panorama is behind a feature flag.
Reach out to Thought Industries Tech Success & Support for assistance to enable this feature in your instance.
- How Credit Batches Work and Things to Consider
- How to Allocate Credit Batches to a Panorama
- Other Set Up
How Credit Batches Work and Things to Consider
Client Learners are allocated credits via Credit Batches set at the client level. Once a Credit Batch is created, the credits are evenly distributed between the Learners in the client.
The ability to add credit batches is currently only a regular admin permission.
Things to consider:
- When a client learner redeems their credits for content, their balance is decreased.
- When a new client learner is added to the client, the balance for all client learners in the client is recalculated and decreased.
- When a client learner is removed from the client, the balance for all client learners in the client is recalculated and increased.
- Learners have to be removed from the client entirely in order to recalculate balances for other learners.
- When batches are deleted or expired, all expired/deleted credit balances are removed from client learners in the client.
- When batches are added to the client, all credit balances are increased for all client learners in the client.
We strongly encourage using the setting "Enable Separate Branding/Design and Dashboards Per Sublicense" for clients with learners in multiple sublicenses.
How to Allocate Credit Batches to a Panorama
If Credit as a Currency in Panoramas fits your use case and you'd like to proceed, go to Panorama > Edit > Settings > Credit Currency.
Remember this feature is behind a flag. If you do not see the Credit Currency option in Panorama settings, please reach out to Tech Success & Support for assistance.
Adding New Credit Batches:
- Once you're on the Credit Currency page in Panorama settings, click Add New Credit Batch.
- Enter a credit amount.
- The credit amount should be in numerical format.
- Each credit batch amount has to be less than 11 digits.
Reference the diagram above in the How it Works section to see how the credits will be allocated to your learners.
You cannot edit an expiration date on a credit batch after it's been set.
The Allocated Batch Log container displays the following information:
- Current Credit Balance - The current credit balance takes the starting credit balance amount and subtracts the amount of credits redeemed by learners.
- Starting Credit Balance - The original amount of credits allocated in the batch.
- Expiration Date - If an expiration date is set for the batch, the date will display. If there is not an expiration date set, a ‘No expiration date’ message will be displayed.
- Trash Icon - Click if you wish to delete the credit batch entirely.
Users can view archived or deleted batches by clicking the View Archive Log.
Additional set up is required to make this feature work for your learners. Please continue to the next section "Other Set Up" for guidance.
Allocating credits individually to client learners through the Balance field in their profile is strongly discouraged at this time. Reporting will not accurately reflect redemptions and actions. Because of this, you will not see a balance amount in client learner profiles.
Other Set Up
Required Set Up - Access Outside of Client
For client learners to have the ability to redeem credits for content, the primary setting "Enable Accessing Content Outside of Client" has to be turned on. Meaning learners have to have access to purchasable content so that this credit redemption flow will be activated.
To allow client learners to access content outside of the client:
- Navigate to the Client’s Settings > Primary tab.
- Toggle Enable Accessing Content Outside of Client? to Yes.
- Click Save.
Once enabled, client learners will have access to all published content in the content library. In order to limit the amount of content the client learners have access to, content will have to be specified in the Purchasable Content container found in the Settings > Access tab. Content can be added to Purchasable Content either individually or through tags.
Optional Set Up - Purchase with Credits Only
Once you've enabled access to content outside of the client, you've activated a purchase flow for your client learners. This means they will see both credit redemption options and traditional purchase options on the detail page of content.
If you would like to remove traditional purchasing options from the content detail pages for client learners, you can do so by enabling a setting on the Credit Currency page we were on earlier. If this is enabled, learners will only see credit requirements for content vs both credit requirement and traditional pricing information.
To exclude traditional purchasing options:
- Go to Panorama > Edit > Settings > Credit Currency.
- In the Credit Purchasing section, toggle Allow Learners to Purchase Content with Credit Only? to Yes.
- Make sure to Save!
There are two reports within Panorama Clients that will help you track credit allocations and redemptions:
- Panorama Credit Usage: Reports on the use of credit batches within the Panorama Client. The dashboard is filterable by date, client, and role type.
- Admin Credit Action Log: Reports the email, role, batch ID, batch balance changes, expiration dates, actions, and timestamps.
Path: Panorama > Actions > Edit > Reporting > Credit Usage OR Admin Credit Actions
These reports only reflect credit batch allocations/redemptions to Panorama. Does not include individual allocations to learners.