Here's what's included in this release, 2022.4:
- Content Authoring Legacy UI Removed
- Additional File on Articles and Videos
- Webhook & SFTP Masking
- Coming Soon: API Key Masking & Rotation
- Update Client APIs
- API System Logs
- Training Credits
- Content Authoring Bugs Resolved
Bite-sized learning is here! Engage customers at their point of need with single-lesson trainings that have all the features of a full course.
Why would you use a MicroCourse, you ask? MicroCourses can help you accomplish your content goals because they are:
- Focused and engaging: Cover the topics your learners want in a highly digestible and memorable way. Meet learners at their moment of need with hyper-focused content, available at their fingertips.
- Quick to produce: Bite-sized learning is much quicker to create than traditional full-length Courses. Develop and release content faster than ever, to keep your learning site constantly fresh and up-to-date.
- Low commitment: Learners can explore a new subject while you test out the demand for a new topic. Use MicroCourses to market new offerings and then upsell learners to longer programs of learning once you have them hooked.
- Lightweight yet robust: MicroCourses combine the best of both worlds. They are short and sweet, like our other microlearning options, yet also include all the valuable Course utilities and features.
Content Authoring Legacy UI Removed
We've officially transitioned to the new Content Authoring experience, which means you will no longer see the toggle to switch back to the Legacy view.
Additional File on Articles and Videos
You can now add an additional downloadable file on Article and Video Content Items.
Go to Content > Manage Content > Click on a Content Title for an article or video. Scroll down below the body text area and you will see two places to upload a file for learners to download. Make sure to add a Resource Title! It's required for saving.
Learners will see the files on the left hand side of the Article or Video just like before.
Webhook & SFTP Masking
Webhooks and SFTP Addresses are now masked when you edit Admin Notifications. You can click the eye icon to view the address whenever you need to.
To view this update, go to Settings > Integrations > Notifications and view any of your notifications that have a Webhook or SFTP Address attached to it.
Heads Up: API Key Masking & Rotation
In the major feature release currently scheduled for the beginning of June (2022.5), we will be upgrading the security of our API keys with two new features - key masking and key rotation. With the release of these new features, your current API key will remain valid and active, but will no longer be displayed in the management interface. The current API key interface will be replaced with a new interface that allows for generation of up to two new masked keys + key rotation.
To view the current API Key interface, go to Settings > Security > Passwords & Keys container.
More details will accompany the release. If you have any questions, please consult your CSM.
No action is required from you. However, if for any reason you’d prefer to use your original API key to set up new integrations in the future, you can save your current API key in a secure location before the release of this security optimization. Alternatively, you can generate a new API key to use in new integrations once released.
Update Client APIs
learningPathIds). Prior to this release, although these fields are not required, they couldn’t in practice be left blank because that would override existing values and revoke access to content. We’ve now added three new properties to make this all a bit easier (
replaceLearningPathIds). These properties default to enabled, which replicates current functionality, but you can optionally disable them if you’d like to call these APIs without having to fill out the content-granting fields every time.
API System Logs
We introduced a series of new endpoints that return logs for specific events for SSO, Avalara, and Bulk Import for ILTs and vILTs. These events are tied to type, a parameter utilized across all endpoints. The list of valid types will continue to evolve as Thought Industries continues to improve which events should be logged and what should be logged from each event. The current valid types are: sso, avalara, bulkImportCourseGroupWebinar, bulkImportCourseGroupInPersonEvent, bulkImportCourseWebinar, bulkImportCourseInPersonEvent.
For more guidance, please see our API documentation on System Logs.
Training credits gives Site Admins and Panorama Custom Roles the ability to create and manage group "Credit Accounts" within the Panorama Client. With credit accounts, Site Admins can administer credit access to Panorama learners via sublicense and empower a-la-cart content redemption on available purchasable content.
This feature is currently available for early access. If you are interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your CSM to apply for early access to the feature prior to its release for general availability.
Content Authoring Bugs Resolved
We've released some bug fixes to make sure the Content Authoring experience is in tip top shape! You can see the improvements below:
- WYSIWYG toolbar stays fixed while editing
- Learning path URLs can only be saved with valid characters
- CAM assets display correctly within quiz rejoinders
- Scrolling issue is fixed when adding a new course page
- Images can be edited and resized in Tabs