Here's what's included in this release, 2022.5:
- Display Syllabus in Free Course Preview
- API Key Masking & Rotation
- Subscription API Update
- Credit Account API Endpoints
- Custom Content Fields in Looker
Display Syllabus in Free Course Preview
You can now give unregistered learners more insight into the structure of free preview lessons and overall course content.
What are the benefits of displaying the syllabus for unregistered learners?
- Convenient navigation: Rather than clicking linearly through all the pages in a preview lesson, learners can now navigate more easily by viewing and clicking through sections, lessons, and pages in the course navigation sidebar.
- More compelling upsell: Exposing the entire course structure lets learners see what they get if they purchase or enroll!
- Non-consecutive lesson preview: With this setting enabled, you can now expose lessons that are in different sections and the learner can move around between preview lessons using the syllabus.
Read more about how to enable this new feature in Setting Up a Free Preview Lesson.
API Key Masking & Rotation
We've upgraded the security of our API keys with two new features - key masking and key rotation. With the release of these new features, your current API key will remain valid and active, but is no longer be displayed in the management interface. The API key page has a new interface that allows for generation of up to two new masked keys + key rotation.
To view the API Key interface, go to Settings > Security > Passwords & Keys container.
Subscription API Update
We’ve added a new API property to make it easier for you to manage subscription access via API.
The Create & Update Users endpoint includes an existing property that allows you to grant access to subscriptions:
bundleSlugs. Prior to this release,
bundleSlugs could be used to grant access and to manage tiered subscriptions (together with the
tieredSubscription property), but it wasn’t easy to manage learners with multiple subscriptions via API. We’ve now added a new property,
replaceBundleAccess, to make this all a bit easier. This property defaults to disabled, which replicates current functionality, but you can optionally enable it if you’d like to use
bundleSlugs to enroll or unenroll learners in multiple subscriptions.
See our API documentation for more details.
Credit Account API Endpoints
Credit accounts just got even easier to manage. With new GET / POST requests, you can carry out a host of management actions including:
- Create new credit account
- Add new credit batch to account
- Retrieve all active credit batches in account(s)
- Retrieve all credit actions against account (learner redemptions, batch deletion and creation)
Custom Content Fields in Looker
You now have even more power to slice and dice your data. We’ve added Custom Content Fields to Looker. You can find them in the Content Catalog explores in Reporting Hub.