Both digital and physical products can be created and sold on your learning site. You can enable taxes and even define shipping parameters on physical products.
Note that all product fulfillment must be handled outside of Thought Industries.
Where do I find this?
Ecommerce > Ecommerce Items > Add Ecommerce Item > Product
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Ecommerce.
- Click Ecommerce Items, then Add Ecommerce Item.
- Select the product type.
- Next, you will be asked to add the settings/display information for your product (name, description, image, pricing, etc.)
- You can Add a Variation to offer users multiple variations of your product (i.e. color, size, flavor).
- Enter shipping and tax information, if applicable (see our Setting Up Shipping Rates article).
Do not enable the Available for Purchase option until you are ready to make the product live to your learners.
- To add the product to the catalog, toggle "Show in Content Catalog?" to "Yes".
- Make sure all applicable settings are configured.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- You can easily edit your product at any time by going to eCommerce > Actions > Edit. This path will bring you back into the Settings tab for that particular product item.
- To add tabs that will display under the product image on the detail page, go to Ecommerce > Ecommerce Items > Actions > Edit and select Tabs in the left menu.
- Products can be linked to selected content and displayed on a tab on the content detail page (see our Building a Detail Page article).
- Products can be included as part of a collection.
What does this look like?
After clicking Add eCommerce Item, you will need to select the product type.
Next, make sure all applicable settings are configured and then click Save.